We're very excited to announce our official The World Next Door Fan Art Contest!
Seeing all of the wonderful fan art that everyone has made for us so far has been so inspiring, so we'd love to celebrate all of your awesome talents by showcasing your great work and giving away some prizes!
Official Character Bios
Click on any of the characters below to see their profile + official bio!
Draw art inspired by these characters to enter the contest!
Please read our official rules below for FULL details, but here are some basics...:
- The contest will run from May 8th - 18th
- To enter via Twitter: tweet your submission image and tag and follow @worldnextdoor_
- To enter via Instagram: post your submission and tag and follow @rosecitygamespdx
- To enter via Facebook: comment on our announcement post and attach your submission or tag "The World Next Door" Facebook page in a public post
- We will select 8 winners on May 18th and notify winners by the 24th!
- Winners will receive signed prints of The World Next Door characters, special promo items from our publisher VIZ Media, and of course a shout out on our social media channels!
How will we pick the winners?
Rose City Games will select our favorite pieces from 8 different categories:
-Best fan art of Jun the Human
-Best fan art of Liza the Demon
-Best fan art of Horace the Undead
-Best fan art of Cerisse the Spirit
-Best fan art of Lux the Siren
-Best fan art of Vesper the Siren
-Best Group Shot: Fan art of two or more characters in one shot!
-Best In Show: Best overall art from the whole contest!
Have you already made us fan art you want to submit?
You're welcome to go ahead and repost it according to the rules! We're only going to be looking at submissions we receive after the contest start date, so your piece might not be on our radar unless it's reposted after the 8th!
So let's get drawin'!
We've got all the materials you need to get inspired: official character portraits and bios above, some already existing fan art, and the Official Rules below!
Oh, and of course members of our team tried their hands at our own fan art to kick you off:
We're excited to see what everyone comes up with!
- The World Next Door Team
The World Next Door
Super Official Fan Art Contest Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE CHANCE OF WINNING.
- ELIGIBILITY: This contest is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, and Canada (excluding Quebec) (“Area”) who are at least 13 years old and located in the Area at the time of entry. Additionally, the following people are not eligible for entry in this contest: employees and contractors of Rose City Games or employees, contractors, directors and officers of VIZ Media, LLC (“Sponsor”), its subsidiaries or promotional partners for this contest, and any advertising, fulfillment, judging or promotion agencies involved in the administration, development, promotion and execution of this contest (collectively the “Contest Parties”), and the immediate family members (parent, child, sibling and spouse of each) and those living in the same households of any employee, contractor, director or officer of one of the Contest Parties. Void where prohibited.
- HOW TO ENTER: The Contest will begin on or about 12:01 AM (Pacific) on May 8, 2018 and end on or about 11:59 PM (Pacific) on May 18, 2018 (“Contest Period”). To enter the contest via Facebook, comment on the post and attach your submission or tag "The World Next Door" Facebook page in a public post; to enter the contest via Twitter, tweet your submission image and tag @worldnextdoor_ ; to enter the contest via Instagram, post your submission and tag rosecitygamespdx (and follow any additional rules stated by Sponsor on its social media pages) during the Contest Period (“Entry”). Only valid Entries will be considered for prizes, and there is no limit to the number of entires you can submit. Entries that do not comply with these rules will be disqualified. Contest Parties assume no responsibility for lost, late, misdirected, stolen, mutilated, illegible, undelivered, garbled, damaged or incomplete entries, for postage due mail or submissions, or for any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions that may occur. Contest Parties also assume no responsibility for any technical problems in connection with transmission or receipt of the Entry, including without limitation faulty electronic data transmission, traffic congestion on the Internet, hardware or software error, equipment failure or malfunction, or other online communications problems. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an entry, entries will be considered to have been made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized account holder" means the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet Access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Automated entries (including but not limited to entries made using any script, macro, bot, or contest service) and facsimiles are not allowed. Potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
- WINNER SELECTION: Winner will be selected by Rose City Games in its sole discretion of all valid entries made during the Contest Period on or about May 18, 2018, and the winner will be informed on or about May 24, 2018. Sponsor may announce the winners through its website, its social media accounts, and by using the winner’s name or applicable username in Sponsor’s sole discretion, and Sponsor may display the submitted photo on its social media pages and website. Entrants grant Sponsor a license to use the photos on its website, on its social media accounts, and in its books and magazines. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding on all matters related to the contest. Becoming a winner of the prize is subject to validation and verification of eligibility and compliance with all terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Winner will be asked to provide a mailing address for the shipment of the prize, if necessary. If any prize correspondence (including e-mail or regular mail) is returned as non-deliverable, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Winner may be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit/Declaration of Eligibility/Liability Release, and, where lawful, a Publicity Release within fourteen (14) days of attempted notification or prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. If no documentation is required by Sponsor, prize will be shipped (if shipment is required) within 4 weeks of drawing date.
- PRIZES: Rose City Games will select 8 winners and each receives one copy of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Vol. 1(ARV US$9.99 / CAN$12.99), one copy of Monster Hunter: Flash Hunter, Vol. 1(ARV US$10.99 / CAN$12.99), 1 signed character print from The World Next Door, and various promotional gifts. All expenses not specifically set forth herein are winner's sole responsibility. No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of prize is permitted except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. If prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with another prize of equal or greater value. Any portion of the prize not accepted by winner shall be forfeited.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: Prize(s) will be awarded only to an address within the Area. Winner is solely responsible for any taxes on prize. If prize is $600 or more and winner is a legal U.S. resident, winner will receive an IRS Form 1099 for the approximate retail value of the prize. Canadian residents may be subject to withholding taxes and Canadian residents are responsible for the reporting and payment of any income tax. By participating, entrants agree to these Official Rules, and to the Sponsor's decisions with regard to these Official Rules and the contest, which are final and binding in all respects. If for any reason the contest is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who is responsible or who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, modify or terminate the contest and select the winner from all eligible entries received prior to the cancellation or termination. This contest is offered only in the Area and is governed by the laws of the State of California, without regard to its conflicts of laws principles, and all claims must be resolved in the federal or state courts located in San Francisco County, California.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: By accepting the prize, winner agrees that (a) the Contest Parties and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by winner against any liability for injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the contest; from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize; or from participation in any prize-related activity or any travel related thereto; (b) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs. All entrants understand and agree that Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube are not in any way connected or associated with this contest and that Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube do not sponsor, endorse, or administer this contest. Each entrant understands that it is providing the information to Sponsor through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube, and not to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. Each entrant hereby releases Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube from any and all claims related to this Contest. Except if winner is a resident of TN or where prohibited by law, winner grants (and agrees to confirm this grant in writing, if requested) permission for Sponsor and those acting under its authority to use his/her name, photograph, voice and/or likeness, for advertising and/or publicity purposes in any and all media now known or hereinafter invented without territorial or time limitations and without additional compensation.
SPONSOR: VIZ Media, LLC, 1355 Market Street, Suite 200, San Francisco, CA 94103.